Advance HE has published its wide-range of development programmes, conferences and events for 2022-23, Supporting professional development and knowledge sharing in higher education.
Our programmes, conferences and events portfolio for 2022-23 is shaped by feedback from the sector and is aligned with Advance HE’s purpose to help higher education and research ‘be the best it can be’ by supporting leadership development and effective governance, tackling inequalities and enhancing teaching and learning.
Everything in the 2022-23 brochure is based around Advance HE’s areas of expertise – with attention to good practice whilst addressing the current challenges that are most pressing to the sector and our members:
- Race Equality – to support the improvement of the representation, progression and success of Black, Asian and minority ethnic staff and students within higher education
- Gender Equality – development designed to encourage and recognise commitment to advancing gender equality in higher education
- Strategic Leadership – designed for those in senior or strategic roles, our strategic leadership portfolio can support the development of a strategic outlook and skill set to lead across organisational boundaries
- Developing Leadership – for those new to leading or wanting to enhance their leadership practice
- Teaching and Learning for Student Success in Higher Education – good practice and development to support the achievement of sustainable teaching excellence
- Fostering Inclusion – development to support the understanding of common issues, inclusive support services and accessible campus environments
- Effective Governance – supporting governing bodies to aid with board effectiveness.
New for 2022-23
In the 2022-23 academic year there are new benefits that support personal development in the HE sector. Key amongst these is the Advance HE digital badges, awards and certificates, which will allow you to celebrate your Advance HE learning and achievements with digitally-verified badges. These badges will be available to those who have completed Advance HE programmes or have presented at an Advance HE conference.
New events running in 2022-23 include the Sustainability Conference and three new EDI workshops on allyship, privilege and inclusive leadership. As well as this, Advance HE will continue to grow and enhance some of our flagship conferences including Governance, EDI, and Teaching & Learning.
Our commitment is to continually enhance and enrich our offer to ensure we meet your current and future needs via a wide-ranging portfolio.
2022-23 will be an exciting year, with more opportunities for the richness of in-person engagement, coupled with the flexibility and accessibility of online programmes and events.
It is also a milestone year for our flagship programme with TMP reaching its 50th cohort and Aurora its 10 year anniversary with 10,000 alumni expected by the end of 2023. The quality and impact of all of our offer is reflected in the demand we see for what we deliver and the consistent high quality feedback."
Alison Johns, Chief Executive, Advance HE
Dr Celia Brigg, Associate Director for Conferences and Events at Advance HE said, “Our 2022-23 portfolio builds on the strong history of Advance HE in delivering professional development programmes, conferences and events but with some new exciting developments particularly around our EDI workshops, sustainability, and student success.
"It’s an exciting year ahead as we resume more in-person activities and support networking and sharing of good practice across the sector.”
Download ‘Supporting professional development and knowledge sharing in higher education’ and find more about the range of our development opportunities on offer.
To celebrate the launch of the portfolio, we are offering a 10% 'early-bird' discount on selected programmes and events when you book before 30 September 2022.