Professional development at Advance HE is dedicated to developing those at specific stages of their career. We have mapped our programmes to the seven stages of the Development Pathway that follows a career in HE. Each opportunity has been designed to promote sharing experiences and best practice, develop peer support networks and provide a global perspective.
Browse our calendar of programmes, events and conferences.
Advance HE Programmes + Events Prospectus 2018-19
Advance HE provides a wide programme of training and events, tailored to the needs of different institutional audiences at all stages of their careers.
To download the latest Advance HE Programmes and Events Prospectus please complete and submit the form below.
Why choose Advance HE development programmes?
- Explore contextual drivers for changes and challenges within the sector and within the macro and micro environment
- Personal development, that will increase self-awareness, enhance personal resilience and raise confidence to act as a credible and influential leader
- Enhanced skills, knowledge and insights that will offer options and innovation for change
- Access to high quality thought leadership, from within and outside of the sector, experienced facilitation and subject matter experts
- Engagement with current higher education policy and context at a regional, national and global level
- High quality programmes and events, providing access to networks of peers and communities of practice
- Opportunity to advance professional standing via fellowships
Programmes for those looking to develop knowledge, skills and contextual understanding, particularly aimed at staff tasked with delivery of teaching and learning or those with leadership responsibility who are new to the sector.
Designed for those at an early point in their careers, or new to their role, looking to build knowledge, skill and understanding.
For those who are new to leadership within HE, whether in academia or professional services.
For those with some experience of leadership and designated areas of responsibility, looking to further develop skills, knowledge and understanding.
Development opportunities for those new to leading a professional service or academic team or function such as Heads of Department, Associate Deans, Assistant Directors or Heads of Services, or those looking to step into these roles.
Development opportunities for those in leadership positions reporting to an executive level in either academic or professional services roles such as Deans, Pro Vice-Chancellors or Directors.
Enhance your leadership capacity and consolidate your understanding of the dynamic HE landscape.
Find out more about the Advance HE Development Pathway and how it can help you with progression in your career in HE.