1. What is the programme breakdown?
Day 1: Introduction to Senior Women Leading
Day 2: Finance and Governance in Leadership
Day 3: Finance and Governance in Leadership
Day 4: Facilitated Action Learning Sets
Day 5: Organisational Politics and Culture in HE
Day 6: Leading the New: Your Leadership Purpose, Presence, and Impact
2. Do you have to be in a University Leadership role for this programme?
This programme is aimed at women in senior roles who already have leadership experience.
3. How is the course delivered?
The programme is currently delivered fully online.
4. Is this programme available internationally? (from NZ, Australia)
The programme is delivered online, and therefore we are able to offer this to international delegates, if they are able to manage the time differences.
5. What certification do I receive for this?
Programme participants' learning is digitally recognised.
6. Do I need to find a mentor from my own institution?
7. Are there any sponsorship opportunities?
No, places are usually funded through the participant’s university.
8. Is there a waiting list for this programme?
If the programme reaches capacity we will operate a waiting list.
9. How many cohorts are there?
There are two cohorts that run for this programme, one in spring and one in autumn.
10. How do I sign up?
You can book your place through your My Advance HE account.
11. Is this programme similar to Aurora?
This programme is aimed at women who are further along in their career than Aurora delegates. Aurora is for women with limited leadership experience who may be lacking the skills or confidence to take the next step. SWLDP is for women already in senior roles.
12. Who is eligible?
This programme is designed for women in senior academic and professional services roles such as professors, heads of department, deputy directors and directors, who are not yet at executive level but may aspire to be executive team members or be working closely already with their senior executive team.
13. Do the facilitators also mentor the women?
14. What is the application process?
There is no formal application process and anyone can book on through My Advance HE. If you are uncertain as to whether this programme is for you please contact us.
15. What is the time commitment?
The programme consists of a half day intro session and five one-day development days. There is a small amount of pre-work to be done between modules.
16. What is the booking deadline?
We recommend booking early to avoid disappointment. In general we would ask that bookings are made no less than a week before the beginning of the programme.