Kim’s work at Advance HE focusses predominantly on reviewing and helping shape organisations’ future direction, facilitating holistic working, improving stakeholder engagement and embedding new practices. Kim combines strategic insight with a sound understanding of operational excellence.
Recent themed work with HEI’s includes:
Culture, ethos and holistic working
Within the last two years, Kim has worked with:
- A culture review with a large University in Scotland. Work in progress.
- A research intensive science community at a school at the University of Cambridge, undertaking a root and branch review of culture, decision making and communication. This was a mixed modes approach including staff survey, observations of internal governance meetings, interviews and focus groups. This was followed up by a RACI (responsible, accountable, consult, inform) workshop and staff engagement workshops around agentic approaches to implement the wide ranging recommendations.
- Two schools at Portsmouth University, supporting and facilitating culture change in order to improve working relationships, create agency among teams, collaboration and clarity in strategic implementation. This has also included work around strengths based people development, changing behaviours, transformative conversations, appreciative inquiry, diversity and inclusion.
- Online workshop/training sessions with team leaders at Limerick University to improve listening, conversations, relationships, and performance.
- An academic leadership development programme with Roehampton University (2018/19) to improve leadership, connectivity and better conversations/communications cross directorate and faculties.
Kim is also part of the Advance HE team that undertakes governance effectiveness reviews and has been involved in over 10 in the last 3 years, focussing particularly on the interface between the Board and Executive, enablers of good governance, relationships and culture and added value.